Matanuska Electric Association, Inc., Alaska’s oldest existing and second-largest electric cooperative, is owned and operated by its nearly 50,000 members. MEA’s service area covers more than 4,300 miles of power lines in Southcentral Alaska.
MEA is governed by bylaws and articles of incorporation that are voted on and approved by the membership. Elections are held each spring as part of the annual meeting process; members of the seven-seat Board of Directors are elected then.
To provide safe reliable energy at reasonable rates with exceptional member service and commitment to the community we serve.
- Strengthen MEA’s safety program
- Develop a process to prioritize investment and leverage infrastructure and technology
- Create a comprehensive employee development plan
- Maximize efficient power generation and energy delivery
- Recognize and capitalize on external opportunities
- Strengthen regulatory effectiveness
- Embrace process improvement throughout the organization
- Solidify financial position