MEA is conducting research to better understand the changes and impacts to the electric grid with an increase in ownership and usage of electric vehicles. MEA members who currently own or have ordered an electric vehicle can apply to participate in MEA's Level 2 Charger Pilot Program. In exchange for providing charging data to MEA, electric vehicle owners will receive a FREE level two electric vehicle charger. For additional information about the program requirements and to access the program application, visit the Level Two Charger Pilot Program webpage.
You can also review the Notice and Instructions for Level 2 Charger Program Applicants (.pdf)
To participate in this program an applicant must:
1. Be an MEA Member and in good standing
2. Own or have ordered an Electric Vehicle
3. Commit to participation in the program for up to three years
4. Complete and submit the attached Level 2 Charger Pilot Program Application
5. Complete and submit the MEA Service Modification Construction Questionnaire and be willing to complete the Service Modification process.
6. Be willing to execute the program's Letter of Agreement.
7. Install the charger at their place of residence and be responsible for all associated costs.
8. Maintain internet service at their residence to which the charger can be connected.
9. MEA employees will be eligible for receipt of a charger if they meet all other requirements and there is insufficient demand by other MEA members to meet the program requirements.
Any questions can be addressed to the EV Level Two Charging Pilot Program at email@example.com with the subject line “MEA Level 2 Pilot Program Question.”